Anti-Poverty Network SA shared a post.
13 hours ago
Nothing quite grinds my gears as much as seeing things like this. The answer to homelessness is not making human sized kennels, for goodness sake, these are people, not dogs.
Say NO to dehumanising kennels for the homeless!
Say YES to an increase in public housing!
7NEWS Gold Coast
People Pods: A Gold Coast man has come up with an innovative way to keep the homeless safe and warm.
The people pods are made of fiberglass and plyboard. They can be attached to a bike or stand alone.
#7NEWS ... See MoreSee Less
15 hours ago
By the brilliant Maxine Beneba Clarke. ... See MoreSee Less
New govt ‘having a go’ in preserving the status quo... but demands to raise Newstart keep getting media attention. ... See MoreSee Less
When Barnaby (aka the beetroot) supports a raise to Newstart then 4 Labor MPs jump ship in support too, all in the same week... ... See MoreSee Less
3 days ago
- I had a go, but I still can't find a job, and I have $14 a day to survive on, after I pay my rent
- I had a go, but it still took me 435 applications to find a job, because I was 58, and had been out of the workforce for 5 years to look after my dad
- I had a go, for over 30 years, but 2 degrees didn't stop me from having to sleep in my car
- I had a go, but even though I can barely move in the hotter months, I still had my Disability Pension application rejected
- I had a go, but when my youngest child turned 8, I got switched from Parenting Payment Single to Newstart, and lost over $100 a week, even though kids don't get cheaper as they get older
- I had a go after go after go, but have still been on the Basics Card for 11 years, because I am an Aboriginal person from the NT
- I had a go, worked as a carer, but still ended up living in a friend's garage after my marriage and health broke down
- I have a go every day, but having a go doesn't stop me from having to skip meals every day, from falling into debt - I'm trapped
- I had a go, and my job agency had a go at giving me a demerit point for missing an appointment I was never told about
- I had a go, and I got a robodebt for a casual job I had 7 years ago, and so I had to have a go at fighting Centrelink ... See MoreSee Less